Monday, October 24, 2005

shuffle - I

One big problem with having my mp3 player on endless shuffle is that I rarely listen straight through a CD or album.  I hear things in bits and snatches, one great song and then onto something completely unconnected.  Of course this is also like having God’s very own radio, spinning between genres and time periods as though they were all the one.


Things catching my attention this week:

  • The Staples Singers – New Home

  • Billie Holliday with the Mel Waldron All Stars (including Lester Young) - Fine and Mellow

  • Joao Do Vale – Estrela Miuda

  • Gil-Scott Heron - Winter in America

  • Richard and Linda Thompson - Calvary Cross

  • June Tabor - Lay This Body Down

  • Sonny Rollins - Tenor Madness

  • Hilary Hahn - Bach Violin Partitas

  • James Brown - The Big Payback

No comments: