I had my last day at my university job on Monday. I went down for three or so hours to finish up, update the webpage, send some emails, pick some files. This was a long weekend, so there was hardly any one on campus. I didn't run into anyone. I turned in my keys and drove away. A turkey vulture was sitting on the dry grass by the visitors' center, eating something, probably a long-dead ground squirrel.
It was anticlimatic.
The new day thing. I was thinking that was the name of a Dylan song. I've been listening to Blood on the Tracks lately and I vaguely remember that about the time that album came out he had another with that song on it. As it turns out, the album New Morning came out in 1970 and Blood on the Tracks came out in 1975. I got the name wrong and the years are further apart than I thought. But I am at the beginning of a new section of my life, day or morning.
I have a new job, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment